Credit Union Happenings
ACH Payments will be Processing Faster
Same Day ACH is a new rule adopted by The National Automated Clearing House Association. This new rule, effective September 15, 2017, requires the ability of ACH debits (which may include payments on insurance premiums, mortgage loans, membership dues, etc.) to clear your account on the same day. Currently, most ACH debit transactions are settled the next business day.
What you need to know?
- If you are receiving a credit, you currently receive the credit on the same day it is transmitted. Same Day ACH processing for credits (which can include direct deposit, payroll and vendor payments) became effective September 23, 2016.
- If you are expecting a debit, it should process on the date intended based on the authorization agreed upon between the member and their biller/merchant when providing account information over the phone, online or in person.
Tips for when ACH Debits process your account earlier than expected, you should:
- Contact the merchant or entity debiting the account as this could be the result of same day processing rollout.
- Determine if the debiting date on the account matches the authorization date.
- Check the account daily to ensure there are no debits to the account that were not authorized as intended.
- Contact us to initiate an unauthorized ACH claim.
catching up with tigersquirrel!
There’s no stopping Columbia’s biggest fan! Check out what Tigersquirrel has been up to recently!
UPCOMING EVENTS INCLUDE:
|Tigersquirrel and friends rocking poodle skirts at the New Haven Elementary Sock Hop! #PartnersInEducation||Tigersquirrel at the The Food Bank with fellow credit union co-workers to help end hunger in central Missouri! #CUgiveback|
|In support of New Haven Elementary, Tigersquirrel and staff went to Wendy's for lunch. 30% of sales were donated to the school! #PartnersInEducation||At the Columbia Chamber of Commerce Business Showcase. Tigersquirrel is an avid reader and a supporter Columbia's businesses.|
SIX FLAGS TICKETS FOR SALE
All summer long, the credit union will be selling General Admission tickets and Season Passes to Six Flags STL. A portion of all sales will benefit Children’s Miracle Network!
Ticket prices are:
- $40 for General Admission
- $66 for Season Passes.